.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Blog

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

June 1st.

I can't believe it's June 1st already.  For those of you following along at home, today is my last day of employment at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.  I don't have very many nice things to say about the Lab right now, and I want to wait to say what I want until after I receive my severance check, if you know what I mean.
 
One of the hardest things for me to do, as a songwriter or an author is stare at the blank page and figure out what to put in black and white.  I think that same problem carries over into my life. 
 
How can you start the next chapter without having some idea where it should go... can you write a verse without an idea of what the chorus pay off is going to be?
 
It's time to start this next chapter in my life story, and I haven't the faintest idea where to set it.  Does our fearless (?) protagonist tough it out in the brutal financial landscape that is northern California?  And if so, does he open his own business? Buy a house? Rent a crappy apartment until he can afford to buy a house?  Or perhaps he loads up his wagon and heads to San Diego, to do who knows what?  Then again, he could take off to Nashville and get an affordable place and work on songwriting again.
 
I'm extremely anxious to start the next storyline, but I'm sitting here with the worst case of writer's block I've ever had.  Literally.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home