.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Blog

Friday, November 28, 2003

Maroon 5

I love it when I pick up a disc on a whim, plopping down 15 bucks for a band you've heard perhaps one song's worth... and discovering a truly wonderful album. Such is the case with LA's Maroon 5. Mix two parts Stevie Wonder with one part Incubus and you might come close to the explosive sound this group puts out.

If you've heard the single "Harder To Breathe" (a great song in its own right) but haven't heard anything else, you are missing out. The second song on the disc, "This Love" gives you an idea of where this group's talent lies... soulful catchy melodies, intelligent lyrics, and great production. Adam Levine's lead vocals are clear and strong, almost hypnotic. This disc has barely left my cd player in the car...

Favorite Tracks:
Harder To Breathe
She Will Be Loved
Sunday Morning

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was quite nice, I made a huge dinner and ate so much I fear I may explode when getting back up from my desk. Now I can look forward to those great leftover turkey sandwiches!

Let me just pop the button on my jeans... there... all better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home