.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

the art of steve walker

A couple of weeks ago, I was at the Castro Street Fair and noticed a booth containing prints by one of my favorite artists,
Steve Walker. I have several prints of his around my house (truth be told, they are cut out of a calendar, matted and framed... hey, I'd love to be able to spend 80 bucks on every picture, but I can't..), but as I got closer to the booth, I realized that Steve himself was in attendance. Robineggblue made the very good point that you should really support the artists that bring you joy or that you really admire. So I bought a print and Steve signed it.

I'm so glad I did it. It got a small scratch on it (almost invisible) when Unclemonkeyboi was framing it, nevertheless, it's a great thing to have.

Support your local artists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home