.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Blog

Thursday, September 04, 2003

Pacific Northwest Trip

If you've wondered where I have been lately, I haven't been posting because I was on a road trip. Unclemonkeyboi and I took ruben home to Oregon. We decided that we'd go by way of Seattle, since none of us had ever been.

The trip was amazing. The weather was beautiful, and even though it was Labor Day weekend, we barely saw anyone else. It was like no one else wanted to be in Washington State for Labor Day.

We met up with my friend Angela and her girlfriend Jess before going on into Seattle and meeting up with Dave. It was great to see Angela and Dave again! Dave kindly put us up for the night after showing us around town.

We took the Kingston Ferry over to the Olympic Peninsula and went on the first of several hikes into the rainforest.

After spending the night in Aberdeen Washington, we drove on to the Columbia River Scenic Park in Oregon in search of all the waterfalls.

Ruben was successfully delivered to his happy mom. I can't say that I was very happy about it, though. I'm gonna miss having him around.

UMB and I made our way back home on the 101 down the coast of Oregon and California, making pitstops along the way in the Redwood National Forest. It got too dark to find the drive through tree, but we don't live too far away, and will find it on another trip.

You can find a selection of photos of the trip on the Pacific Northwest Trip page.

Check out my photo album of Landscapes and Waterfalls for additional pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home