.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Cancun Day 2

Correo seguro, verificado por Xtreme Solutions del Caribe, SA de CV.

We still haven't found an internet cafe yet. I will ask in the lobby
tomorrow. Hopefully they won't charge me extra for advice. Seems
everything here has a price. We tried to pick up some suntan lotion
that wasn't SPF 30 like the stuff we brought. I also wanted some
aloe to soothe the patchy sunburn (see yesterday's entry) that I got.
Grand total for the two small bottles. $42.00 US. I said forget it.
We're not buying anything in the hotel shop from here on out.

The hotel is quite nice... they put us in an ocean view room on a
corner. We're on the 4th floor and have a great view. I'll be sure
to post some pictures when I get internet access. The room is
comfortable... king size bed, large bathroom etc. But they will not
allow us to bring in any outside food or beverages... so no ordering
a pizza, or going to the liquor store across the street and bringing
beer up to the room. We're stuck buying beer from room service, or
going down to the bar and paying roughly 4.00 for a small cup of Dos
Equix.

Another thing I find a bit limiting about this place is the
security... while I"m sure it's a good thing, but if you were to meet
some friends who were staying at another hotel (or make new friends)
you could not invite them up to your room because they are not
wearing this intrusive little arm bracelet. We got tagged, like birds.

We walked around the hotel zone today, and found the shopping malls.
Everything here is very tourist-centric. The stores carried clothing
from Hugo Boss, Dolce & Gabanna, Versace etc. I fell in love with a
shirt in the window, only to discover that they wanted over $300USD
for it. I don't think I've ever paid 300 for an entire outfit, let
alone a cute white linen shirt with a large orange flower on the
shoulder.

I'm hoping to do some wandering around the downtown area and finding
the places that the natives shop. I've seen guys walking around in
the coolest linen pants, and I must have a pair to go home in.

We managed to make it out to one of the gay clubs in Cancun,
Picante. It was much smaller than I was lead to believe on the
website. Nearly empty when we arrived, but filled up around 1am. A
guy named Diego who insisted on talking to me while I was trying to
pee, informed me that there are two better clubs to go to: Carumba
and Glow. We'll check them out later this week.

We slept like 15 hours yesterday between the nap on the beach, the
nap in the room, and then sleeping after our nap. We're going to turn
in now, and try to go to Tulum and Xel-Ha tomorrow maybe.

More later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home