.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Daily Blog

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Well Hell!



I've completely fallen down on the job again. I notice that my last post was the 15th of December. What the hell is up with that? I keep meaning to sit down and type something out, but it just hasn't been so high on my priority list.

What's going on lately? So much. Work is a complete nightmare. I have to keep telling myself (and my boss) that it's not really paranoia if everyone *is* out to get you. I hate it when people have issues with you, but they refuse to bring them up to you directly. Instead you get to hear about them from everyone else. Stupid stupid stupid.

I was looking at an online cost of living analysis calculator just in case this job thing doesn't pan out and I decide it's time to leave. Well, this site has a "Find the place that's best for you" link that I followed... took a short survey asking questions about the climate and educational opportunities that I would like to be nearby, etc. It then proceeded to give me a list of the places that would be best for me. Number one on the list? San Francisco.

*sigh* What does it mean when you're in the number one place that you should be, and still not finding it to be exactly YOUR spot? I mean, I like it here... I really do... but it's so expensive, and the economy has just beat this area to death. At my present salary, I will NEVER be able to afford to buy a house.

Somewhat along those lines... I recently signed up to go back to school. That's right.. I'm off to be a student again. Some how I intend to balance 15 hours with a full time job, a boyfriend, and something resembling a life. This first semester shouldn't be too difficult for me, though. Human Anatomy; English; Guitar; Magic, Witchcraft and Religion; and a 7 week Saturday History class. Thankfully it's US History 1865-Present. I *hate* colonial history. How many times can you hear the story of Washington crossing the Delaware? And how many more times can you read the Constitution and once again marvel at the brilliance of it. Don't get me wrong... it's a brilliant document, but I'm willing to make a case that our current government has taken *severe* liberties with the interpretation of our Consitutional Rights. Patriot Act my ass. Does no one else remember McCarthy!?

I am happy to report that Robin Egg Blue has met someone. Actually, to be more correct, I set him up with someone online. There's this new website Friendster that is really quite cool. You sign up and attach yourself to one of your friends online, and then you can see a graphical representation of the people that you are connected with. It's like a six degrees of seperation game with your friends. Anyway, you see the profiles of friends of friends of friends... and you get a link to suggest a match between people. I did this for Robin, and the sparks have been flying! It's great. I'm so glad to see him happy. He really deserves someone good to him... and my assessment of this guy is so far, so good.

Ok... I'm gonna call this one done for time being. I'm going to play around with some of the settings.. I think I see a way to make this happen more often... you can send the blog via email... that would be much easier for me to remember to do!

Until later...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home